Message from the President
first of all, let me thank you for electing me as President of the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe during the annual meeting in Stuttgart just held in April 2019
I will do my best in the next two years for the benefit of our society on the same path as outlined by Nazim Cerkes and Wolfgang Gubisch.
Since our foundation in May 2011, our Society has progressively grown in size and reputation. We now have, at the time of this writing (May 2019), 286 members from 53 countries. Our mission is simply stated: to join together a group of surgeons who are passionate about rhinoplasty honest about their results, genuine in their effort to improve and generous towards sharing knowledge with others who share the same enthusiasm. This has been primarily what has allowed us to grow and prosper.
To Wolfgang Gubisch we owe the vision of founding the Society in a time of not easy relationship with the Facial Academy and the determination to nurse its growth. To Nazim Cerkes we all a lot of new ideas and selfless interest in expanding it. I will follow and develop those lines in accompanying our Society in its maturation phase. We have expanded our Committees, introduced new members in the Board, and are seeing the positive effect of brainstorming with new productive ideas. Among the new Committees, a special mention must be made of the Science and Research committee, which is planning highly interesting projects on contemporary rhinoplasty concepts and topics which merit an evidence-based, approach. It is my desire and commitment that Committees and Board members will work actively together in a positive spirit of respect and collaboration during my mandate and beyond.
There are quite several reasons for which a new member may wish to join us:
- Being an active part of a “Community of Kin”. This means learning from each other, exchanging truthful experiences, and thus shortening our learning curve, as well as developing lasting
- Education: meetings, dissection courses, live surgeries, videostreaming
- Videolibrary on our website
- WhatsApp Group to discuss cases and ask questions
- Visiting the Experts program. This is the opportunity, as listed on our website, of visiting some of our members who are especially expert in rhinoplasty as observers for short periods
- Sistership with The Rhinoplasty Society (TRS) as our counterpart in the United States with a reciprocal membership agreement for reduced fees
- Affiliation with ISAPS- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal
- RSE social media and “positive” marketing of a member’s practice
- RSE Fellowship: a great educational opportunity for young members
What are our plans for the future?
At the time of writing), our website is being completely renovated and its contents optimized to make it modern, responsive, SEO updated, optimized for mobile devices and more useful to members and patients alike. Our new webmaster and social media manager is Mr Marco Scaramucci of Elidria.com. Together with the members of the Website Committee a progressive social media campaign has now been actively promoting RSE on Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin. Since April 2019, we also have the pleasure of welcome our new and efficient secretary in Germany, Mrs Anna-Lena Behncke. We are also defining by expert legal advice some delicate aspects of the new GDPR privacy regulation in Europe, regarding patients data and their use on website and social media
We have quite a number of new planned specific RSE activities over the next two years:
- The third International Meeting of Rhinoplasty Societies (IMRhiS), to be held in Berlin on October 9-11, 2020. This will follow the positive path of the two previous meetings (Versailles n 2016 and Miami in 2018) , which have been alternatively held on either side of the Atlantic every two years between the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe and The Rhinoplasty Society US
- The next annual meeting of RSE will be held in Bergamo, attached to the Seventh Bergamo Open Rhinoplasty Course, on March 25, 2020. We will encourage presentations by new members and allow adequate space to this purpose
- Our new RSE Fellowship program will begin in 2020
- Two live surgery courses are planned in 2020
- A pre-summer cruise in the Aegean is planned in June 2020, to continue the wonderful experience of the riverboat cruise held in June 2017 from Moscow to St Petersburg
- A new format of the yearly RSE meeting will be implemented, to hold the meeting in different locations in different countries
- A specific dissection course is planned in 2021
In conclusion, as you can see, there s a lot going on and a lot to help us with. To accomplish our goals: growth, improvement, and substantially be of practical help to our members in their busy professional lives we need help, involvement, and advice. It is my wish that the Society becomes even in your erection of post-maternal zero more an interactive, fervid community to which any member will be proud to belong.
With all my warm regards.
Enrico Robotti, MD
President of RSE